Monday, January 25, 2010

My thoughts on a Monday.

Can't believe it's the end of January. I am amazed at how fast this month has flown by. But I guess that is how I feel about the last 12 months. When I sit down and reflect where God has brought us this past year and what He is teaching us about patience, obedience, and perseverance, I am so thankful. However, I will admit this isn't always my attitude. Sometimes I find myself discouraged at the passage of time and the fact that as always, we are waiting. These are the days that in my weakness I wish that bringing our child home was easier. With my pity party in full swing, I start to wish that we didn't have to jump through hoops to have our child. I wish sometimes that waiting wasn't a part of our daily vocabulary for the last two years. But deep down I know that this is all part of THE story. The story that the God of the universe has woven together and set in motion. If you put it that way, than who am I to question the way in which it all unfolds? So I pull myself out of my slump and recognize that this is a gift; I get to be part of this story. I get to be the mama to a sweet orphan who sits across the world from me as I type this. I get to love, raise, nurture and care for "the least of these." God is good. I am blessed. I wouldn't change a single chapter of this story; God in His sovereignty has paved a way and used all those hard days to prepare us for what is to come. The waiting will all be worth it when I hold my beautiful baby.

"Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now." - Saint Teresa of Avila

~Julia

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you two! I'm so excited for your journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take Dr. Tally's class with me? I forget, but I remember him saying that the best thing we can learn to do in life is to wait well. We will be waiting in traffic, lines at the grocery store, for a child to come home, for the child to grow up, for retirement, etc. But ultimately we will be waiting for Christ to return. So enjoy this season of waiting (sounds like you are) and wait patiently.
    Our family is very encouraged by you guys. Love you both!:)
    -caitlin

    ReplyDelete