Last week, we needed to send out some completed documents, namely our AGCI contracts and our home study application. We had saved and budgeted for the AGCI fees, but did not know where we would get the money for the home study application fee. Discouraged that we might have to wait until after the holidays to raise the money, God stepped up in an incredible way through two of our friends. First, Julia was having lunch with a dear friend - and before the conversation even started, that friend gave her an envelope. Inside was a 100 dollar check; on the memo line it read, "For Baby A." It's important to know that this friend does not have an abundance of disposable income, that this money could've easily been used for 10 other things, but instead she blessed us with it. Three days later, we discovered a second envelope in our mailbox. It was from another dear friend. This is what the letter inside said:
Dan and Julia,
Merry Christmas! This year for Christmas I decided to do something different. I decided to remember that Christmas is Jesus' birthday and what he would want most is for us to share our lives. In that spirit it pained me to think I might buy more meaningless gifts for people who don't need more "stuff". So I re-imagined this Christmas. Instead of buying my loved ones more "stuff" I calculated what I normally would have spent on them and am giving it to you instead. Not only am I extremely pumped for your first child, I am sending this as a motion to make me #1 uncle! Attached are the postcards I sent my friends and family explaining my re-imagined Christmas. Love you both.
The attached postcard said this:
This year my friends, Dan and Julia Walser, have re-imagined their life. Originally saving to buy a home to now using that same money for the adoption of their first child from Ethiopia. As they embark on this radical journey, I have been encouraged to remember that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of God's son, Jesus Christ, who gave His life for this very reason...that we too are invited to give ourselves away in an act of love greater than we could imagine. This year on your behalf, I am donating $25 dollars to the Walser family and encouraging you to re-imagine Christmas. Thank you for being a part of my life.
Attached was a check for $335, the amount we needed to cover the home study application fee. Needless to say, we were blown away by this. Both by our friend's generosity, but more importantly, by God's incredible provision. To know that we serve a God that hears our prayers, that while controlling the entire universe takes the time to care for even our smallest needs, brought tears of gratitude to our eyes. And as our friend would say, we encourage you to re-imagine Christmas this year. God bless.
~Dan and Julia




Tears streaming down my face as I read this. God is so so good. Humbling to see God provide in such AMAZING ways to carry out HIS plan for our lives. Excited to watch and pray with you as HE provides for the rest of bringing home baby A. All for HIS glory! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! What an AMAZING God we serve!! What confirmation for the path you have chosen and how wonderful that He would allow others to be a part of the rescue of this child!!! Yes, all for HIS glory!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful blessing! It encourages my heart so! We are feeling the Lord calling us to ET and we can't wait to see Him provide. My husband was laid off a year ago this Jan. and he has since started his own business. We are prayerful that a steady income will begin shortly so we can bring our son home...the one I'm pretty confident is waiting in ET for us. Blessings...I look forward to seeing God move in your family!
ReplyDelete